Not a complex process here assuming you’ve got the equipment. Sous vide really does produce a foolproof steak.
- I use the Anova Precision circulator, normally in a large stockpot
- Heat the water to 52-55 degrees. I used 55 for this one.
- Place steak in zip lock bag, and lower into pot of water to remove air before sealing
- Depending on the thickness of your steak, cook for 2-3 hours
- When time is up, remove steak from bag, and dry with paper towel.
- Either pan sear or blowtorch to brown outside of steak. This was done using my previous butane torch. I now use a propane torch which you can see here.
- Grind a good amount of salt and pepper over before serving.
The photos below used a flash and do appear to make the steak look more cooked than it really was. The non-flash photos above are probably more indicative of colour.