I picked up a cheap turkey buffe after Christmas and broke it down into two 1.1kg breasts, additional diced turkey, along with the wing and carcass for stock. As turkey breast regularly dries out, I wanted to sous-vide the breast to try and get a juicy, moist outcome.
- I started by removing the skin and gave the breast a slight trim.
- Salt and pepper the underside of the breast
- Roll the breast, keeping the pepper/salt side on the inside.
- Truss tightly to creast an even breast roll.
- Place the roll in a zip-lock back with a small amount of olive oil
- Seal the bag airtight using the water displacement method and cook at 63 degrees for 2-2.5 hours
- Remove from the water bath and bag
- Cut string from turkey and dry with paper towel
- Pan sear or blowtorch to desired level of brown-ness
- Slice into large slices. The turkey should be shiny and juicy on the inside.
As an idea serve with Balsamic Maple Roast Vegetables